Thursday, April 25, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Scarred (Scarred #1) by J.S. Cooper

Everyone in Jonesville thought that Bryce Evans had the perfect life in High School: he was the Mayor's son, the quarterback for the football team, the boyfriend of the head cheerleader and had a 4.1 GPA. His acceptance to Notre Dame came as no surprise but when he chose to enlist in the army instead everyone was shocked.

Lexi Jones was the quiet girl in school and kept to her small group of eccentric friends. She had no connection to any of the popular kids except for one incident on Prom Night when her path crossed with Bryce's.

When Bryce enlisted Lexi was the only one that wasn't disappointed and decided to send him anonymous letters as a way to feel connected to him. She stopped after a year because she felt there was nowhere for their relationship to go.

Fast-forward four years and Bryce is back in Jonesville and once again he and Lexi cross paths. Only he's no longer the seemingly perfect man and Lexi's no longer the quiet girl.

This time their relationship is quite different but both of them have secrets from the past and friends that threaten to ruin their chance at happiness together.
Published March 1st 2013
Normally, I write a brief synopsis but for this review I won't for this one since I was a bit flabbergasted by it.

SO BASICALLY: I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the scandalousness of this book BUT SERIOUSLY IT WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE!! 

A lot of the time I was thinking "REALLY?!!", "WHAT THE HECK?!", or "Oooh!". I didn't really feel a connection with the characters and half the time I wanted to scream "You all need some help !", "Go see a counselor!" and "why aren't your parents being much of a help/role models?!"

SO BASIC BREAKDOWN FOR ME: This story has a main plot and a few subplots that I found ridiculous and unnecessary. I don't even know if I ever plan to pick up a sequel to this book which in fact looks like there's going to be. BUT THEN AGAIN, where would I get my kicks to vent at a book and it's characters and storyline?! Lol. I REALLY hope that the next book will be an improvement of the first since right now I'm feeling frustrated and unimpressed by this waste of a time book. I'm sorry :(


My Rating:

-Overall : 6
-Plot : 6
-Writing : 5
-Characters : 6
-Cover : 7

No comments:

Post a Comment