Friday, April 26, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Breathe Into Me by Amanda Stone

Eighteen year-old Kelsey Rien is more than ready to leave her past behind her.

Wanting nothing more than to walk into a room without everyone knowing the horrific details of an event that changed her life six years ago, she vows to concentrate on school and make something of herself.

But then she meets Kane Riley - the local bad boy. Kane's reputation is far from perfect, but is there more to him than what everyone else sees?

Kelsey soon learns that you can’t run from your past, no matter how hard you try. When her nightmares find her once again, Kelsey must find the courage to face the demons that have been haunting her and save the people she loves most.
Published April 22nd 2013

** spoiler alert ** "Breathe Into Me" is all about second chances and opening yourself up to love and forgiveness.

First year college student, Kelsey Rien wants nothing more to put behind the past that left her mother dead and her father rotting in prison.

She meets campus hottie and badboy Kane Riley and the two bond instantly. Kane, who has also experienced loss, knows exactly what it's like to carry the guilt and blame that Kelsey feels. He helps hers heal and cope with her demons WHILE IN THE PROCESS opening her once shattered heart to love along the way...

....................
MY THOUGHTS:

"Breathe Into Me" was one of those books I had been REALLY ANTICIPATING this year. I'm a sucker for YA romances where the characters are preferably in college [not high school] and there's a bad boy involved so "Breathe Into Me" was up my alley. :)

While I THOROUGHLY LOVED Kelsey and ESPECIALLY Kane, I also gained a soft spot for Kelsey's fiercely loyal BFF Jessi and her boyfriend [who also happens to be Kane's BFF] Landon. Such good friends. :)

I didn't get the deal with Nate since I found myself liking and pitying him at first throughout the plot BUT IN THE ENDwhen he turned psycho I was like "Woah, where did that come from?!?". His death was a bit unnecessary for the plot and made no difference to me at all. >_<

AND LASTLY, Kelsey's father. How did I know that he was somehow going to weasel his way out of jail and come after her in the end?! Although a little predictable, I did in a little sense see why it was important for Kelsey to confront him in the end for some sense of foreclosure...

OVERALL, great novel debut for Amanda Stone. :)


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 9
-Cover : 8

No comments:

Post a Comment