Saturday, December 28, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...The Witch Who Cried Wolf (Cry Wolf, #1) by Sarah Mäkelä

Title:  The Witch Who Cried Wolf (Cry Wolf, #1) 
Author:  Sarah Mäkelä
Publication Date: December 2nd 2013 by Kissa Press LLC (first published November 27th 2013)
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  Be careful what you wish for…

A potion gone wrong: Mia Brooks is a reluctant witch, with powers that she tries to hold in check. But when her magic gets mixed up, supernatural forces are unleashed and suddenly she’s being pursued by werewolves—that she didn’t even realize existed…

Hidden emotions: Ethan Parker, Mia’s brother’s best friend, is home from deployment for the holidays. Mia’s not only hiding from werewolves, she’s trying to keep her feelings for Ethan secret; it would be a disaster if he knew she’s been nursing a long-time crush…

The power of love: things take a terrifying turn when Mia and Ethan are attacked by a werewolf. Ethan is amazed when Mia reveals her paranormal prowess as she tries to shield them from danger. But can she really protect them from the darkness that lurks? And how can he tell her that, for ages, he’s been denying what he really wants? Mia...

MY REVIEW:

The Witch Who Cried Wolf was an enjoyable and fast paced read. I’ve always enjoyed books that dealt with the supernatural so this was right up my alley!

My only qualms though, are that I felt that there were a couple of clichés:

★Girl falls for brother’s best friend.
★Brother’s best friend likes her back but can’t act on it due to his love and respect for his friendship.

And potholes in the story:
★Where the heck did she get her Wiccan powers from? How did it develop? Why is she the only one in the family who has them?
★What happens now that Ethan has been changed?

Hmmm...maybe I missed the answers to my lingering questions since I did read this book at like two in the morning but I really don’t recollect them.

I really hope the next book in the series expands on the points that I had mentioned. OR maybe I’m really just blind and missed them when they were presented. I don't know.

Over all, a delightful and clever mesh of Wiccan and Werewolf folklore!


My Rating:

-Overall : 8
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8


Where to get your copy!
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment