Thursday, June 20, 2013

BOOK SERIES REVIEW...Zorn Warriors (Books 1-4) by Laurann Dohner




I absolutely LOVED this series.  I started reading it two days ago and went on a marathon of reading all books available.  I checked the author's site and there looks to be more books to be added!  I hope the next book is on Vhon, the youngest brother, and the following is on Coto, Rever's bestie and almost-adopted like son to Berr.

My favorite of the series, would still have to be Book One, "Ral's Woman", though.  It was the most interesting and kept me wanting more.  I think what sold me was the beginning after Ariel was deemed unfit to breed with the alien race that had kidnapped her from Earth and then she is then out off for auction in front of another alien race that was also enslaved.  The only catch of course, is that in this "auction," warriors have to battle each other in order to win Ariel.

Enter, Ral, whom you find out is the first born son and heir to the kingdom of Zorn.  Ral, spots Ariel and enters the competition to win her as his own.  He wins her and the story is set.  Only, when Ral and his race escape capture and return back to his planet, his father (the ruler of Zorn) isn't too pleased with his choice of bound.

SO, MOVING ON....

I also liked "Tempting Rever," as I was curious as to how things would pan out since Rever had already bounded himself to a human woman but later falls in love with another human woman who's warrior had died in a rebellion on the ship that Rever was on.  The woman though is already spoken for as her as now she is set to now become the bound of her dead bound's brother! Aish.

As for "Kidnapping Casey" and "Berr's Arrow," they were just okay.  Enjoyable but rather not as pleasing as books one and three for me.  I can't wait for the next installments!!


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 8.5
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment