Sunday, June 23, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Caught by Menace (Grabbed #2) by Lolita Lopez

Menace's plan to catch a sweet, docile woman is shot to hell when he's tackled by a dark-haired beauty who wants to save her friend from being Grabbed. Refusing to leave the planet's surface empty handed, Menace claims the spitfire with his collar.

Naya clawed her way off the streets of Connor's Run and vowed to never let any man have control over her. She plans to make Menace so miserable he'll set her free but the ruggedly sexy warrior disarms her with his unexpected patience and kindness.

Against her better judgment, Naya surrenders to Menace's masterful hands and mouth. Submitting to her new husband brings her more pleasure and happiness than she'd ever imagined possible. For the first time in her life, she willingly trusts a man to protect her.

But when her past misdeeds catch up with her, Naya puts the depth and strength of that love to the test. Determined to show her he's worthy of her trust, Menace will stop at nothing to save her.
Published June 21st 2013 by Ellora's Cave
*Wheew!! I was so excited to read this, I read this in one sitting!! :D* 

While I did enjoy reading "Caught By Menace" immensely, I still liked "Grabbed By Vicious" a lot more.

In the beginning, Naya rescues her friend from being grabbed by Menace and gets caught and taken in her friend's place instead.

Naya, who's been been self-sufficient since she was young, is literally shocked that a warrior like Menace could actually genuinely care for her and want her for her and not just her body.  She begins developing feelings for him but when her past mideeds start to surface what will become of their budding relationship?

...............

Like I mentioned at the beginning, while I did enjoy this second installment a lot I still preferred the first.

While I will admit that there is more of a story line as well as an emotional attachment to the characters, notably Naya, there was something about the first book that caught my attention and made me giddy.  Naya and Menace's relationship does have more depth but Hallie and Vicious are still my bias. :D

There was one part though, in the story where my heart actually broke for Naya and made me want to clunk Menace on the head for being gullible and believing the lies.  I almost teared up reading that part. ;(

Also, on a side note: I ABSOLUTELY HATED TERROR  IN THIS BOOK!! HE PISSED ME OFF SO BAD!!  ESPECIALLY HOW HE TREATED NAYA AND SHE ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF HIM!! I KNOW HE DID WHAT HE DID FOR THE BETTER GOOD, BUT HE WAS SO CRUEL AND HEARTLESS WHILE TRYING TO ATTAIN HIS GOAL.  I'M NOT GOING TO FORGIVE HIM.

I hope the next book is on Flare, the warrior that tried to grab Naya but got injured and had to make a deal with Menace to find a bride willing to be with him since he is now disabled.

OR

Hazard.  Hazard looks like he really wants a bride and wants to enter the Grab but had most of his points taken away.

So yes, Flare or Hazard for book three please!!

My Rating:

-Overall : 8
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8

No comments:

Post a Comment