Wednesday, June 5, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick

Silence is only skin deep.

Nineteen year old Daniel Colton is the guy all the girls want to date, and the man all the guys want to be. Moody, with an explosive temper, closed off and sullen, he’s also beautiful, tatted in delicious ways, with a pierced eyebrow and spiky black hair. It’s rumoured he has piercings in other places, too. Is he really mad, bad and dangerous to know?

Daniel lives with his older brother, Zef, and their home is party central. You want drugs, a good time, liquor, no questions asked? Colton’s is the place to go.

When Daniel and good girl Lisanne Maclaine have to work together on an assignment, Lisanne finds there’s a lot more to the college’s bad boy than his reputation. He’s intelligent and funny and good company. And then she discovers his secret, why he’s so closed off to everyone, and determined to keep people at arms’ length. But being his secret-keeper is harder than she ever dreamed.

Recommended for readers 18+ due to sexual references and sex scenes, some coarse language, drug references and drug use.
Published May 17th 2013
This isn't your typical new adult sort of book.  

Good girl college student Lisanne spots bad boy on campus Daniel waltz into her business class and is instantly smitten.  At first she tries to push him away as she sees that he is only trouble but of course that's hard when you're partnered up on a school project together which forces you to be in constant proximity of each other.

Only Daniel has a secret.  This secret is early divulged in the story (which I appreciated) as Lisanne is very observant and attentive and is a major issue for Daniel.

Because of his secret, Daniel is guarded and indifferent to people.  I guess you could say he has a big chip on his shoulder.  He drinks, does drugs, and gorges on one night stands to deal with his problem but when he meets innocent Lisanne this all changes.

How will this all plan out?

....

So not bad for my first read by Jane Harvey-Berrick.  In fact, I actually loved this book.  At first I was hesitant but then my friend Maria had told me how good this book was so I took a chance. 

While I loved Lisanne as I thought that she was literally an angel, I got irritated as f*ck at times with Daniel.  Yeah, I get how your condition isn't easy and that it sucks but life goes on.  You need to stop wallowing in your pity! Pfft. I was so glad Lisanne made him see the light....*sigh*

Anyways, again great read.  Can't wait to see what Ms. Harvey-Berrick writes next!


My Rating:

-Overall : 8.5
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 9
-Cover : 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment