Wednesday, June 5, 2013

ARC BOOK REVIEW...This Man Confessed (This Man #3) by Jodi Ellen Malpas

The very place where their passionate love affair began, The Manor fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse’s lives. She has accepted that she’ll never tame the fierceness in Jesse, and she doesn't want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she’s finally got beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise which lead Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is. He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy…but will he also drive her to the brink of despair?

It’s time for this man to confess.
Expected publication: July 2nd 2013 (first published June 2013)
"My dream is you, Ava. Day and night, just you. I can manage without anything, but never you."

"This Man Confessed" is the final installment to Jodi Ellen Malpas' 'This Man Series' and what a closure it was!!

There is a lot going on in this book.  Lots of secrets, shocks and surprises, as well as danger lurking around. There was even one part I got teary eyed for Ava and Jesse.  So heart-wrenching.

From the beginning, I was literally pulled in as it is their wedding day.  I will not divulge any more spoilers as I hope you readers plan on buying this book and supporting the author but I will say that from there on out Ms. Malpas captures your attention straight away.  No questions asked, end of.

My main issue if anything was Ava.  She was so childish at times and I wanted to tell her to grow up.  But she did wise up and mature in the end so I was glad.

As for Jesse, well, Jesse is Jesse but you will learn that there is more to him than meets the eye about him.  Still a lot of "OMFG! are you serious?!" moments as just when you feel you know him another big secret or confession pops up that rocks your world.

Nonetheless, Mr. Sex God himself is still a riot to read and I found myself either swooning, chuckling, or getting frustrated with his behavior.  I especially loved when he would do his trampling bit or when he would turn dominant on Ava.  It was so smexily hot!

Seriously guys, this isn't an ending installment to miss! I swear at 75% on from the book you will literally be on the edge of your seat turning the pages just to see what happens next.  The tension and ante was definitely cranked up and I found myself nervous as hell regarding its outcome for our favorite couple.

Trust me guys.  Usually I get disappointed by the end of the series but Ms. Malpas delivers.  You even get a peak of the future of Ava and Jesse. ;)

Pick up "This Man Confessed" on July 2nd!



Some quotes I LOVELOVELOVED:

 "'Let me see those eyes.I show him what he wants to see. ‘Why do you always demand to see them?’ I ask. He only smiles mildly, but his greens still twinkle madly. ‘Because when I look into them, I know for sure that you’re real.’  I match his faint smile. ‘I’m real.'"

"‘Do you feel that?’ He flattens my palms on his chest and holds them there firmly. ‘It was made to love you, Ava. For too long it was useless, redundant, not required. Now it’s gone into overdrive. It swells with happiness when I look at you. It splinters with pain when we fight. And it beats wildly when I make love to you. Maybe I go overboard with my love, but that’s never going to change. I’ll love you this fiercely until the day I die, baby.’"

"No, Jesse. Don’t think like that. Life is full of what ifs.  ‘You would never have found me.’ I can feel my emotions squeezing at my vocal cords. ‘And I would never have found you.’"


 "His head rests back, and he looks at my tummy. ‘Everything that’s happened in my life has led me to you, Ava. It’s taken forever, but I’ve finally found where I belong."


My Rating:

-Overall : 10
-Plot : 9
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 9
-Cover : 8


No comments:

Post a Comment