Saturday, June 29, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound #5) by Jennifer Ashley

He was once a captive, but his urges were never caged. Now he’ll release them on a beautiful stranger whose own secret desires are longing to be sated…

He doesn’t have a name. He doesn’t have a clan. The humans who held him prisoner for forty years have taken them away. He knew nothing but captivity until nearly a year ago, when he was released into the light. Now Tiger lives in the Austin Shiftertown, where he struggles to belong and searches for an identity.

Carly Randal thinks her fabulous life is complete—until her car breaks down on the side of the road, and a wild-looking Shifter is the only one to help her. Tiger takes one look at Carly and knows instantly—she will be his mate. As Carly is drawn into his Shifter world, she risks everything she has for that forbidden something she still wants: passionate love.
Published June 4th 2013 by Berkley Sensation

HOLY HOTNESS!! ISN'T THE COVER SUPER DELICIOUS?!?

Anyways on to the review....

Lately, I haven't been liking many shifter books since they have been disappointing me but "Tiger Magic" was  'purrfect.'  I have a weakness for alpha male types of characters and Tiger was all that and more.

The main female heroine, Carly, was a real treat as I enjoy "spunky" characters with flair and she brought that to the story.

My main complain is that there should have been more shredding and ripping of each other's clothes as that's what I would have done if I were Carly if given the chance to be with a super hot shapeshifter like Tiger.

As for the storyline and pacing, well, the storyline I'll admit is a bit bland but the pacing is 'just right.'  It's not too fast or too slow and draws readers in from the beginning.

I'm curious as to where Ms. Ashley is to venture next in this series and seriously can't wait!!  I want more!! 


My Rating:

-Overall : 8.5
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment