Thursday, May 16, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...This Man Series [Books 1-2] by Jodi Ellen Malpas

2012-2013
This Man Series has got to be one of my all time trilogies so far.  It reminds me along the lines of R.K. Lilley's "Up in the Air Series" and Raine Miller's "Blackstone Affair Series."

The plot is simple and the characters are intriguing.  Especially the Lord of the Manor, Mr. Jesse Ward himself!

Personally though, I do not see Jesse's obsessive intrigue with Ava.  I just don't get it.  I'm not hating on Ava, I like her but how can a guy who's been with a ton of women all of a sudden lay eyes on his new interior designer [Ava] and become instantly smitten?  Like I said, I do not get it.  I guess that's what they mean when they say "love at first sight."

Anyway, moving on....
Throughout both books Ava seemed to me like your average everyday type of girl trying to make her place in the world.  She is one of the leading designers in her company and has a good head on top of her shoulders. That is, until she meets new client, Jesse.  Then her practicality just went out the door! lol.

While I did understand Ava's reservations towards Jesse and starting a relationship with him, I could not help but squeal when they FINALLY did come together.  The chemistry was off the top sizzling hot!!

I love me some Jesse Ward!! Yum!!

Ava and Jesse's relationship is intoxicating yet combustible.  While they "work" as a couple when Ava isn't being skittish and Jesse isn't going beserk, there is this 'dark mysterious' aura that's lurking in the dark to tear them apart.

What will the fate of this couple come down to now that thanks to books one and two:
Jesse's occupation of  the owner of the sex is out?
Jesse's mysterious past is leaked?
Jealous lovers come out to play?
And now the couple is engaged?

I guess time will tell when book three, "This Man Confessed," the final conclusion is released on July 2nd, 2013.  Until then!!


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 9
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 9
-Cover : 7



2 comments:

  1. Where were you able to obtain these book? Barns and noble has only the preorder of the third book available and amazon only has the kindle version. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much for the review! I really appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete