Monday, May 20, 2013

ARC BOOK REVIEW...The Elusive Wife by Callie Hutton

Jason Cavendish, the Earl of Coventry, is trying to discreetly locate his unwanted and abandoned bride among London society to request an annulment. However, he doesn’t remember what she looks like because he was blind drunk at his arranged wedding and hasn’t seen her since. The fascinating Lady Olivia has captured the Earl’s attention. Newly arrived from the country to stay with her school friend for the Season, she is appalled to discover that her husband, Lord Coventry, doesn't even recognize her. She's not about to tell the arrogant arse that she is his wife. Instead, she flirts with him by night and has her modiste send her mounting bills to him by day. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned… Too bad this woman finds her husband nearly irresistible. 
Published May 20th 2013 by Entangled: Scandalous
I normally shun historical romances, but "The Elusive Wife" looked interesting and the guy heroine's last name intriguing me since it made me think of 'James Cavendish" from R.K. Liley's "Up in the Series" so I had to pick it up!!

"The Elusive Bride" was a nice read.  I loved Lady Olivia but I also felt bad for her as well since she gets trampled all over by everyone, especially Jason, while keeping up a charade during the course of the book.  I don't know if I could put up with stuff like that and would have cracked.

As for Jason Cavendish, I hated him throughout most of the book but he did win my heart in the end.  I got why he didn't want to get married but there is right way to handle it and the way he dealt with it was prick.

Furthermore, how bad is it when your own BFF is calling you out on your stupid behavior?  Jason was such a douche bag who in my eyes didn't deserve Olivia!!  He's lucky that she even put up with him since he didn't even remember what she looked like since he was too drunk at the wedding!! OMG.

I do, however, like the fact that throughout the course of the book, Jason falls in love with Olivia without even realizing it.  Olivia is already intrigued and has a special part of Jason in her own heart.  But, I like that Jason falls in love with her gradually instead of it being forced so that everything that happened between them would be 'raw' and 'real'.

Anyways, I highly suggest "The Elusive Bride" even for you non-historical romance people.  Once again, I'll reinforce that I don't normally like this book genre but "The Elusive Bride" won me over.  The plot, characters, and pacing were all nicely done.  Very enjoyable read.  Well, when Jason wasn't behaving the scum of the earth that is.


My Rating:

-Overall : 8.5
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8.5
-Characters : 8.5
-Cover : 8

No comments:

Post a Comment