Sunday, November 17, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Mine (Real #2) by Katy Evans

Title:  Mine (Real #2)
Author:  Katy Evans
Publication Date: November 5th 2013 by Gallery Books
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful,
imperfect, and real...

In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes... and now he can't live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.

description  

The good: Decent read and conclusion to Brooke and Remy's story of the REAL series. Absolutely loved Remy and good pacing.

The bad: I'll explain it in 'my thoughts.'

My thoughts: To be honest, I had a love/hate relationship with this book. While I absolutely heart Remy and sympathize with his mental illness, Brooke kind of drove me nuts with her insecurities, immatureness, and jealous streaks. Albeit, I do see her concerns and points BUT... you'd have to be blind as a bat to not see that no matter what, Remy will always be faithful to you. I mean, the guy practically mauls and "grooms" you 24/7 of the time that he's with you and when he's apart he's as clean as a whistle.

  description 

 Another pet peeve of mine was the overuse of words and actions. I mean, how much times does the characters have to lick, scent, confess how much they love each other, and for Brooke to talk about how hot Remy is and how women fawn over him?! Sheesh.

As for my likes, well REMY was the main part of it. He is just that lovable and I love how everyday is practically a fight for him. I also liked how the author does not provide some sort of "magic pill" to cure Remy's illness because there is none. A friend of mine's brother has this same disorder, only he doesn't need to gorge himself in sex when he's in the "black", but he needs medicine to "stabilize" his mood swings and not solve or remedy it.

SO, MY VERDICT: Basically, what it comes down to for me is that although it was nice to see the consequences of the characters' actions played out and them having to deal with the aftermath, Brooke still annoyed the crap out of me and was the deal breaker for me to drag the book from a 5 star to a 3 to 3.5 read. Sorry guys.

But moving on, I so can't wait to see Remy's side of books 1 and 2 in "Remy" which comes out on November 26th! This should be good!


My Rating:

-Overall : 7.5
-Plot : 7
-Writing : 7.5
-Characters : 7.5
-Cover : 8


Where to get your copy!
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment