Monday, September 2, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Pearl by Arianne Richmonde

Published September 1st 2013 by Mighty Publications
The book that Pearl Series fans have been asking for: the flip side of the tale. The story according to Alexandre Chevalier.

At only twenty-five, Alexandre Chevalier is a billionaire. His social media site, HookedUp, is more popular than Twitter, more global than Facebook. With his drop-dead gorgeous looks, alluring charm and wealth, he has women falling at his feet, desperate for his attention. But his heart is set on only one woman: Pearl Robinson. 

Alexandre’s dark and dysfunctional past makes him crave stability and a normal relationship, but he soon finds out that Pearl is a bird with a broken wing. Why, he isn't sure.

Pearl, follows Arianne Richmonde’s bestselling books in The Pearl Trilogy: Shades of Pearl, Shadows of Pearl and Shimmers of Pearl; the tumultuous and heart-rending love story between forty-year-old documentary producer, Pearl Robinson, and French Internet billionaire, Alexandre Chevalier, fifteen years her junior.

Pearl is written from Alexandre’s point of view from the moment they first meet on a rainy summer’s day in a coffee shop in New York City.

In any relationship details are hidden; things are left unsaid. Not all conversations are remembered in the same way. And not all actions are disclosed—especially to the one you love most.

This book (Part 1 of 2) is approximately 53,000 words long, just over 200 printed pages. Part 2 is scheduled for release in October. 

Because of Alexandre Chevalier’s prowess in the bedroom, this novel contains erotic content and strong language. Intended for readers aged 18 and over.


Before I start my review, I would like to begin with some random ramblings.

So here we go!

First off, I DON'T CARE FOR Hélène, I HIGHLY DISLIKE Indira, and I HATE HATE HATE Laura!!!


And oh, I think I found a kindred spirit in Alexandre's mom!!!!:


"Maman (Alexandre's mom) was reading a book in the living room, a romance, no doubt—she was hooked on them. She loved the dominant alpha male, the type that rode up on horseback and swept a lady off her feet and galloped off with her into the sunset, the lady protesting but secretly delighted that the hero wouldn’t take no for an answer. "

That sounds so much like me!! I love my books with dominant alpha males too!! What a coincidence!! :D

*Now, with that out of the way, on to the review!*


.......

Praise for the Author:

Arianne Richmonde does not disappoint in the first installment of two depicting Alexandre's side of the Pearl Trilogy. We see everything from a glimpse of his life before Pearl, meeting Pearl, and during his tumultuous courtship of Pearl.

The Story: Alexandre Chevalier, has everything a man could ever dream of: a flourishing business empire and an endless chain of women ripe for the picking.

Only, this all comes to a halt after he sets his eye on Pearl and begins to yearn for a more stable life instead of his dysfunctional, superficial one.

"More reminders, I supposed, that I had furnished this house with these luxuries. You can’t buy love. Only fear, respect, and resentment."


Brief Insight/Analysis: As you will read, the character of Alexandre is very complex and complicated. A self-proclaimed "nerd," Alexandre is a man that despite his cool, mature, and posh exterior lays a man who comes from a dark, gritty past which you will see glimpses of throughout the book.

You get to follow him where The Pearl Trilogy could not and get to dive into all parts of his life from: the business aspect, his family life, and even his ex-lovers.





My Thoughts and Feelings While Reading:

Honestly speaking, there were times where I felt being inside Alexandre's head was just mind baffling. Seriously. Where you saw things one way from Pearl, Alexandre views things much differently and with more vigor and intensity. From the get go he knows that he has to have Pearl and possess her (at least in bed if not more). He's also very alpha dominant and is ultra possessive of Pearl which I LOVE. Don't believe me? Well...
Exhibit 1: "Her golden legs were stretched out, scratched by the rocks; there were little bloody nicks all over her limbs. I liked that. I may not have fucked her yet, or even kissed her, but I felt I’d made my mark on her. Yes, just like the bulldozer guys, I was guilty. Even on Date One, I wanted others to know that Pearl Robinson was mine."
Exhibit 2: “I don’t want you involved with anyone else, is that clear? I want you for myself. I’m not a jealous man but I am possessive of my treasures. You and your tight, hot pearlette are both mine, do you understand?” 
Exhibit 3: "I steered her forward while I walked behind her, my thumb still inside, her pussy all mine in my hand, while I simultaneously massaged her clit, her moisture hot on my fingers. I loved it. This woman was mine. All f*cking mine."  
Exhibit 4: “You want to f*ck, Pearl?” I so nearly didn’t bother with sheathing myself with a condom. My instinct—like one of those soldiers using rape as a war weapon—was to impregnate her. Make her mine, even if it was against her will, and feel every juicy cell in her pussy without any barrier between us."



Aaah, Alexandre, can I have you for my birthday? It's in a couple of days!! Hehe.



In closing, at the end of the book I swear I was literally going to punch something.



I was so mad that I was holding my breath trying to reason with Arianne Richmonde as to why the book had to end like that. I will give Alexandre the benefit of the doubt since I'm pretty sure nothing will happen and if it did then he would have fessed up to Pearl about it in the Pearl Trilogy. Plus too, that evil, conniving home wrecker would have been an even more formidable force within the series and would have used this against Alexandre (and even Pearl).

Aish. So frustrated and excited at the same time. Weird combo yeah?

That aside, October come already!! I have to know what happens!!


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8.5
-Characters : 8.5
-Cover : 8.5


No comments:

Post a Comment