Monday, September 2, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Craving Constellations by Nicole Jacquelyn

 August 27, 2013
"How is it, that someone can make decision after decision attempting to get away from their past and somehow end up right back where they started?" 
When Brenna decided to leave the only life she'd ever known, she never thought she'd ever be back. Now, five years later she's running from her clean cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her... and the man she left behind. She left with a secret, and as soon as she returns the truth will break her carefully constructed life wide open.







"She’d call me Dragon, and she’d know exactly who was f*#king her. “I’ve got a room in the house. Why don’t I take you in there and make you scream it?"

"Craving Constellations" was recommended to me by a friend due to our common love for alpha possessive men. I was so glad that it did not disappoint as I had to keep fanning myself due to the male heroine's dominating and sexy persona!



....
THE STORY: Brenna is the daughter of the vice president of a motorcycle club. One day she vanishes from there without a trace and shows up five years later running from an abusive husband.

Dragon, is one of the lieutenants of the motorcycle club (*sorry, I can't remember the name) that Brenna's from and has always held a torch for her ever since their steamy encounter five years ago. With Brenna reappearing and with a child who looks like a replica of him, how will things turn out for him and Brenna? How will they deal with her ex-husband? Not to mention, how will their relationship pan out since Dragon already has an "old lady" of over a year?
....


MY REVIEW: "Craving Constellations" was everything I want in a MC book. It has a lovely female heroine who kicks a** (yeah, I loved it when she knocked Kendra in the face! buahahaha!) and a hot, raunchy talking biker dude to boot!!

Brenna, for me, was totally likable and easy to relate with. I, too, would also leave the MC life under the same reasons she did BUT.... I would have found a way to tell the father of my baby that I'm pregnant and would have seen where the chips lie after that. I mean the feelings are there so who's to say that he can't or won't work out? I get that there are HUGE repercussions (e.g. Brenna not disclosing her identity to Dragon when she had slept with him, Dragon sleeping with a member's daughter and keeping it a secret, etc.) and that a motorcycle club isn't ideal in raising a child but she should have at least tried to make something work in the club and with the baby's father.

Okay, phew. Brenna grilling complete. On to a bigger fish to fry, Dragon...

I'll admit that there was one scene where I wanted to slap dragon because of the way he insults Brenna

“You were good, but I’ve had better. Those little noises you make? Damn. But that timid act you did? Not gonna lie. That shit was annoying. You almost made up for it with that sweet f*ckin’ pussy you’ve got, but now that that f*cker has been in that shit? I doubt it’s sweet anymore—” *What a douche!*

and another particular scene that left me literally shocked and lost for words. I won't reveal what happened here as I'm sure that you will discover that for yourself but SERIOUSLY?!? Not cool, Dragon. Not cool at all.

I'm surprised after the second altercation (*since the first was just a verbal insult) that Brenna even stayed with you. If she wanted to jump into the arms of a man just like her ex-husband she would just run back to him!!

Aish, Malfoy, you literally take the words out of my mouth regarding this predicament:



At least make Dragon majorly make it up to you for what he did instead of forgiving him so easily!!

Hmph!!

Anyways, ranting aside...


MY OVER ALL VERDICT:

A great, great MC story for all of you who love these types of reads!! It now joins my top five list of favorite MC biker stories along Kristen Ashley's Chaos Series and Jamie Begley's The Last Riders Series. LOVELOVELOVE!!

Now it looks like the next book will be on Grease on Callie. Such a shame since I'm hopelessly in love with Casper and wanted to know his deal. I mean come on, the guy got into Yale for crying out loud and is an awesome friend and companion to Brenna. *sigh*

Some scenes and quotes I enjoyed from the story *wink wink*:

"I instantly pictured her naked and spread out over the hood of the bug while I feasted on her. Did the carpet match the drapes? Yeah, I was pretty sure she had that fiery red hair down below. No way that mop of curls on top of her head wasn’t natural. Or maybe she was bare—f*#k, I bet she was. Most of the b#tches that hung around here kept things bare or at least trimmed short. I loved it when women kept everything waxed. It felt so much better against my face and made them way more sensitive to the scratch of my beard." 
“He said it was gross, huh?” I said and raised my eyebrows. Then, I licked her p*ssy from her ass to her clit. Just like I remembered, it was sweet as f*#kin’ candy. “Nope, not gross.” I licked her again." 
“You can be pissed all you want, Brenna. But don’t ever tell me again that I won’t be sleepin’ in our bed. Got me?” he asked, and the dominance in his voice made me feel like I was coming home.” 
“Damn,” he mumbled once he’d stripped me naked and laid me on the bed. “Look at you, Little Mama. All f*#kin’ ripe and swollen.” 
“Brenna!” he barked, pulling me out of the spell I’d been under. “Slow the f*#k down! You want my d*ck? I’ll give it to you!"



OKAY, fine fine!! I've added enough quotes!! It's just that Dragon is so erotic and gritty that I literally wished I was Brenna and was the one he was all into. lol.

Anyways, pick up this book guys!! It won't disappoint you I promise! :D


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 9
-Cover : 8.5



Where to get your copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment