Saturday, September 7, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Love In Between (Love Series #1) by Sandi Lynn

Published September 5th 2013
My name is Lily Gilmore, and I was supposed to be getting married today. That was until I found my fiancé having sex with my sister in the church moments before I was supposed to walk down the aisle. I grew up with a father who was a womanizer and cheated on my mother every moment he had the chance. He would even stoop as low as to take me and my sister with him on his trysts when we were younger. Cheating was all I grew up with, and I vowed never to live the life my mother did. After finding my fiancé and my sister together, I moved from Seattle to Santa Monica to start a new life of independence and to focus on my passion for photography, man-free.

My name is Luke Matthews. About a year ago, I lost the love of my life, my fiancé, in a tragic car accident. There are no words that can describe how I’ve felt the past year. My life and all my dreams had died with her in the accident. I exist, and I play my guitar to try and ease the pain. My love was taken away, and I will never get that back.

What happens when the lives of two people who no longer believe in love are suddenly changed by fate?



When I had bought this book on Amazon, I thought I was buying a standalone novel and not book one of a series. *Sigh, bummers since the second book still follows Luke and Lily again. I was hoping for like book two to be on Gretchen and the next to be on Giselle.

Anyways, on to my review:

MY THOUGHTS/FEELINGS: 

The good:

1) It didn't have stupid unnecessary drama.
2) The characters were pretty mature for the most part.

The bad:

1) The over exaggerations regarding Lily's childhood, family, and her being cheated on.
2) Luke not disclosing everything on his ex and history.

I felt as if sometimes Lily was a little too much and dramatic. I also felt that while Lily had confessed her life's story to Luke, he has yet to fully do so himself. There are tidbits and some info about Luke but I can't help but feel like there could have been more.

And lastly, what's with the abrupt ending? It ended to fast and still had some "momentum" going when all of a sudden it was like: "Luke and Lily's story will be continued on in the next installment." I was like WOW, SERIOUSLY?! I like this couple but why a series on them alone? I felt like everything could have been tied together in just one book.

** Possible future spoiler alert ** *P.S.: I still think that the couple in the cafe where Lily had taken a picture of and given her honeymoon trip tickets to was Luke and his ex before she died. The moment I read that part I just had a gut feeling already.*



My Rating:

-Overall : 8
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 9



Where to get your copy!
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment