Tuesday, September 10, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...In His Sails by Tabitha Levin

Title: In His Sails
Author: Tabitha Levin
Publication Date: September 3rd 2013
Ebook/Book Copy Source:  Author

Plot:  I didn't want to go on holiday. Not with my family. I wanted to head up to the Gold Coast with my girlfriends instead, and have some fun.

But that was before I met David. Hot Aussie lifeguard, who seemed determined to pick me up. So I let him. A holiday romance was exactly what I needed.

I didn't expect to fall so hard for him though. The holiday was only for two weeks. Two weeks and I'd have to leave him. That's not so easy when your life is messed up and all you want to do is stay in his arms.

Short Novel (Novella): Word Count 17,000



The good:
- A cute, short, and sexy read that kept me busy for under an hour!

The bad:
- The biggest thing to me that this book lacked was depth.  There's nothing to really take back from it other than "it was a fast read that began from a summer fling and quickly developed into something more."
- I also don't get what centered this couple's relationship.  I get that they were attracted to one another but that's all.  Nothing really was built between them to make their romance really plausible and believable.
- And lastly, this book has potential.  I just wish it were longer!

My thoughts:
Gah, don't we all wish we could meet that special someone over the summer and him/her ending up being "the one"?  I know I did!!

"In His Sails" was a lovely, fast read.  I hope to read more from Ms. Levin and anticipate a longer 'novel' in the future perhaps?


My Rating:

-Overall : 7
-Plot : 7
-Writing : 7
-Characters : 7
-Cover : 7.5



Where to get your copy!
Amazon
Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment