Thursday, October 3, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Lash (The Skulls #1) by Sam Crescent

Title: Lash (The Skulls #1)
Author: S.K. Hartley
Publication Date: September 26th 2013
Ebook/Book Copy Source: Personally Bought
Plot: No one messes with The Skulls and gets away with it! The last thing Angel Marston ever wanted was be at the mercy of The Skulls. They’re the local bikers and the club that helps keep the town safe, but they have their own kind of rules. They party hard and do whatever the hell they want. But her father’s debts to the club mean Angel has no choice. Lash loves his club, but he wants a woman who hasn’t slept with all the crew. Angel is just what he’s looking for. She’s sweet, young … and a virgin. He wants her more than anything and has already staked his claim on her. When Lash touches her, Angel can’t help but melt. He sets fires inside her body with his wandering hands and sinful lips. She can’t say no, and she wants him desperately. But when all seems to be going so well for Angel and Lash, their pasts catch up to them. The Skulls have enemies who want the town and their women. Lash must decide who to put first, the club or his woman. Is Angel strong enough to stand by his side when the going gets tough? And what will happen when tragedy and pain both hit at once?

MY REVIEW:

The good: Fast, sexy read.  

The bad: The build up of the characters' relationship didn't add up.

My thoughts:  While I did enjoy this book, I have to point out that I did not get the supposed chemistry between Angel and Lash. I get that there's this whole opposites attract kind of aura but what I do not understand is how they fell in love and how fast it was!

I mean, Angel didn't know much about Lash other than he was ridiculously handsome and the "muscle" of The Skulls MC.

As for Lash, I kind of thought of him as a semi-stalker. How could he not be? He watched and observed Angel for a year before mustering up courage to even talk to her! And then one night he finally grows some balls and decides to claim her?! Heh? 

You know, I get the whole physical attraction between the characters: both are appealing and where I can see Angel digging the whole bad boy thing, I can also see Lash falling for the whole innocent, girl next door persona. But, in the end, what I didn't follow is how they fell so hard for each other in such a short span of time.

Lash, I can see how his feelings might have started but as for Angel I'm a bit flabbergasted. One second she was trying to push Lash away but the next she's all hot all over him. Kind of gave me whiplash ALTHOUGH it didn't help that Lash would also manipulate her through stimulating sexual caresses. CHEATER!! ;)

GAH, this book is pretty unrealistic BUT I'd be lying to say that I didn't enjoy it over all! Buahahahaha!! Now, who's giving you whiplash?!? LOL.


SO, MY VERDICT: 

Despite my criticisms, I still would recommend this book to those of you looking for a good MC read.

I liked the story, I liked the characters, but I just did not get the "falling in love" aspect is all.

I'm now hoping that the author will make the next installment Tate and Murphy's book as that couple has a lot of sh*t they need to work out.

Perhaps then for book three it can be Tiny and Eva??

Oh, and book four be on Blaine and his baby mama? I know that this is probably NEVER going to happen but I can still have some wishful thinking. I grew to LOVE Blaine even if he was only in the story for like 5-10 minutes. IDK what it is about him that I grew attached to but I liked him and would definitely read a story upon him!!

Anyways, I'll stop my useless babbling now! Lol! Enjoy the book ladies and gents! I'm out!!



MY RATING:
-Overall : 8
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8.5


Where to get your copy!
Amazon
Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment