Friday, October 25, 2013

BOOK REVIEW..Sempre by J.M. Darhower

Title:  Sempre (Forever Series #1)
Author:  J.M. Darhower
Publication Date: November 25th 2013 by Gallery Books
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  A sexy novel about two seventeen-year-olds—one a victim of human trafficking; the other the son of the man who enslaved her—who fall in love and question everything they ever believed…
Haven Antonelli and Carmine DeMarco grew up under vastly different circumstances. Haven, a second-generation slave, was isolated in the middle of the desert, her days full of hard work and terrifying abuse. Carmine, born into a wealthy Mafia family, lived a life of privilege and excess.

Now, a twist of fate causes their worlds to collide. Entangled in a web of secrets and lies, they learn that while different on the surface, they have more in common than anyone would think.

In a world full of chaos, where money and power rule, Haven and Carmine yearn to break free, but a string of events that began before either of them were born threatens to destroy them instead. Murder and betrayal are a way of life, and nothing comes without a price—especially not freedom. But how much will they have to sacrifice? Can they escape their pasts? And, most of all, what does it mean to be free?

MY REVIEW:
description
- “Nella vita: chi non risica, non rosica," he said finally, his voice quiet. "In life: nothing ventured, nothing gained. My mom used to tell us that. It's been a long time, but I can still hear her saying it.” 


The good:  Very well written and well-crafted.Interesting and plot and story line.  Characters are engaging and dynamic.  All around solid read.

The bad:  No constructive criticism whatsoever.  My only complaint is that I want MORE!!


I was asked the other day by my best friend if I had to choose one book as my most favorite book to read and what would it be.  It was a tough call since I'm obsessed with Jamie McGuire's "Beautiful Disaster" but "Sempre by JM Darhower" is actually my ALL TIME FAVORITE READ.

I can't even put into words how much I LOVE❤ this story.  There is simply nothing bad to say about it.

The characters of Carmine and Haven are so different yet SO ALIKE.  You would think that a second-generation slave would most likely be the student compared to someone who is has the world at the tips of his fingers...HOW WRONG YOU ARE...

Carmine is priviledged, yes, compared to Haven but he learns so much from her and her from him.

Carmine and Haven's love is so unbelievably raw and beautiful that you'd have to be a robot not to see or feel it.  I would go more into detail about the characters and their love story but it's more of a "you have to read it yourself rather than me telling you why it's so good."


SO, MY VERDICT:

I highly recommend!! In the past I had put off this book for months and months and when I finally decided to read it I wanted to kick myself for not reading it sooner!!

TRUST ME, this book is that addictive!

- “Colpo di fulmine. The thunderbolt, as Italians call it. When love strikes someone like lightning, so powerful and intense it can’t be denied. It’s beautiful and messy, cracking a chest open and spilling their soul out for the world to see. It turns a person inside out, and there’s no going back from it. Once the thunderbolt hits, your life is irrevocably changed.” 




My Rating:

-Overall : 10
-Plot : 10
-Writing : 10
-Characters : 10
-Cover : 8.5



Where to get your copy!
Amazon (Pre-order)



**ALSO, be on the lookout for the follow up to SEMPRE, called SEMPRE:REDEMPTION, releasing on December 23rd, 2013!  I'm currently reading the digital RC right now and I have to say that it is simply AMAZING!  Pre-order your copy now as well!
Amazon

I know I did!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment