Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1) by Jean Haus

Title:  In the Band (Luminescent Juliet #1)
Author:  Jean Haus
Publication Date: Published October 19th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  When family problems push Riley Middleton into giving up a percussion scholarship in another state and attending college from home, her friends push her to try out for a local rock band. Of course, Riley makes the band. She rules at the drums.

Riley soon finds out rock bands have a different dynamic than marching bands, especially when each of her male band mates has a major ego and is a major player. Two of them relentlessly flirt with her. The other—a dark, sexy rock god she can’t help being attracted to— is a total jerk and pushes her to quit. She becomes determined to ignore his rudeness and his hotness. Even if she was interested in jerks, a hook up would probably get her booted out of the ego-ridden band, and playing keeps her sane. Behind the drums, the world and its troubles evaporate.

If she wants to stay in the band, Riley needs to ignore the growing sparks between her and her band enemy. But as she gets to know the man behind the stage persona, ignoring him proves to be more difficult than flowing through a time sig shift.

*New Adult/Mature YA for language and sexual situations.

MY REVIEW:


Books that have these in them....

description *Hot rock stars

description + *Steam have me going... 

description 

 •.¸. ♥★ 

  “Love doesn’t always make sense. To the person in it or to the people around them. The falling can be an emotional, chaotic whirlwind. The landing jarring and eye opening. But if two people are really in love, there’s nothing in this world that can overcome it. Even if they can’t be together, love doesn’t cease.”
 -LOVE, LOVED THIS QUOTE! ♥ 

The good: Fast and easy read. The writing is very simple and to the point and the plot is decently thought out and executed. I also appreciated the fact that the female heroine is very strong willed and the male heroine is generally your guy next door beneath all of that rock star persona. 

The bad: I wouldn’t necessarily call this bad but didn’t it at times feel as though Romeo was way too perfect? He seemed too unreal for this world! LOL. If anything though, the main and only thing that lacked for me was the ending. It was too abrupt and rushed. I felt that there could have been more but it is what it is, so yeah. 

 •.¸. ♥★ 

  My thoughts: First off, I LOVED the main guy’s name!! Romeo, how perfect!! It makes me want to shout, “Romeo, where art thou Romeo?”! Very cute. I was actually surprised in how much I liked this book. Generally, I like New adult rock star romances but this one I was a bit “iffy” and on the fence at first for some reason. I guess what it comes down to, is that when I think of rock star romances, I think of lots of erotica and hooking up with random girls and groupies. The main guy is supposed to be this womanizer but there was no evidence of it throughout the entire story. 

 •.¸. ♥★ 

  SO, my verdict: Yes, I would recommend to others! Romeo’s relationship with Riley was very unique and interesting. They're characters are undeniably 'real' and their background stories are very heartbreaking and honest. I loved their banter and chemistry as well as their interactions with the band as well. As a blogger now signed to be part of the “Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2) ” book tour, I am now curious and excited to see the leader of Luminescent Juliet, Justin's, fall!! Until then, I will be patiently awaiting my ARC in my email!! Hehe. I can't wait!!


My Rating:
-Overall : 8.5
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8


Where to get your copy!:
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment