Sunday, August 11, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Dead Sexy Dragon (Dragon Heat, #1) by Lolita Lopez



The last thing dragon shifter Stig Wyvern needs is his dead friend’s kid sister showing up on his doorstep. He’s just minutes away from entering a mating phase. Sharing his isolated house with the young woman he’s desperately lusted after for quite some time is a recipe for disaster.

But Cora Cardenas has nowhere else to go. She’s in deep trouble with some really nasty people and Stig is the only one who can protect her. That he’s deliciously sexy and makes her tingle with the simplest of smiles is just a bonus.

Cora quickly realizes Stig is hiding something from her. To make matters worse, she’s plagued with breathtakingly naughty dreams starring a shadowed lover who bears a startling resemblance to her host. And just what the hell is going on down in the basement at night?

Stig needs to get Cora out of his house but his inner beast has other ideas. He’s found his mate and she’s not going anywhere...
                                                                                        Published August 6th 2013 by Forever Yours


So dragon's go into heat every couple years and go through a frenzy of sexcapades for several orgasmic days eh? Woah, count me in!!! Hehe.
....

"Dead Sexy Dragon" is an enjoyable read in which I read well within an hour. It's simple and to the point and is nicely paced.

My only complaint though, is that like how I mentioned, it's too "simple." Normally I go into the plot but the book synopsis basically sums it up nicely.

What it comes down to for me, is that while there is potential in this story, there isn't a whole much to gain which is sorely disappointing since I am a huge fan of Lolita Lopez.

I understand that the next book will be on Sig's "Brother," Griffin "Griff," so I'm hoping that there will be more, for lack of a better word, 'quality' in the book. Until then, I look forward to "Red Hot Dragon"!



My Rating:

-Overall : 8
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 7.5
-Cover : 9



Where to get your copy!
Amazon

Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment