Monday, July 1, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...My Savior Forever (Forever #1) by Vicki Green

‘With all my heart, 
With every inch of my Soul, 
With every breath I take, 
I promise to love you forever’


Cassie can’t remember being loved, being wanted. At a young age she was placed in Foster care that moved her around from one place to the other. Finally being freed at 18, she was left with no money and nowhere to go until she finds a small town in Kansas where she can start over.

Little did she know her life was going to be uprooted again when she is kidnapped and brutally raped.

Jesse is considered HOT in most women’s eyes, but has little time for Romance. While searching for his Mother’s killers, he witnesses a young girl being kidnapped. He now faces decisions that he must make quickly.

Will Jesse rescue Cassie? Will Cassie ever find the happiness she longs for?

*Due to a graphic rape scene, strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.
Published June 28th 2013 by Vicki Green
I'm sorry to say this but "My Savior Forever" ended up on my DNF pile. ;(

I tried!! I swear I tried to like it!! But it was super slow and super cheesy. Not to mention, the writing was horrible! Especially in the beginning!

The characters seemed like a pair of teenaged love sick puppies (FYI: characters are in their twenties). They fell in love so freaking fast and were always crying constantly over each other whether they were sad or happy.

They even had sex like 60 pages in which is unrealistic considering the trauma that the female lead endured in the beginning. I get that in every case, victims tend to differ in how they react to situations like that BUT ....for a girl who was raped and beaten by two men and had horrible nightmares because of them she sure coped with it fast and settled into a comfy you and me equals forever type of relationship with the male lead pretty quick don't you think?

Pfft. Such a disappointment. This story had potential. :(



My Rating:

-Overall : 7.5
-Plot : 8
-Writing : 7.5
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment