Monday, July 1, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Mad For You (Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Love #1)

I had gone to high school with Gabriel Gordon. Despite his heavenly name and matching beauty, Gabriel was anything but angelic. Rich, spoiled, and far too cynical for his age, he could easily charm the skirt off a prim beauty or a young teacher or two. Gabriel Gordon was mad, bad, and ...well, you probably know the rest.

The years hadn't changed him, despite taking over his father's company and expanding it into a multinational corporation. Unfortunately, it was just my luck that I found myself working in Gabriel's building. Although I had managed to avoid him for the better part of a month, a chance encounter in the elevator proved he was still an arrogant man who showed far too much interest in the shape of my mouth and nape of my neck.

From then on, Gabriel bedeviled me, teased me, and more often than not, made me want to throw things at his head. Still, just as in high school, I couldn't help but see the pain behind his lazy grin and the shadows in his crystalline gaze. When Gabriel confessed his love for me, I should have been the happiest woman in the world. Too bad I couldn't believe him...

Emma Adams had always considered herself level-headed, even-tempered, and most of all, sane. So how did she become someone who couldn't seem to push Gabriel Gordon away? No matter how sweet his words could be or how easily passion exploded between them, getting involved with the outrageously wealthy playboy had to be the height of insanity. Given their tumultuous natures and personal demons, there was only way a relationship between them could survive: in madness.
Published June 24th 2013 by DelSin Publishing, LLC
Biggest waste of time EVER!!!!!!

No storyline, over cheesiness in certain parts (I mean the main guy who was supposed to be a bad boy type of character would call the main girl 'Cinderellie'!), the characters have no chemistry and no personality. I don't even get how they fell for each other!!!

The main guy isn't even this type of dark and mysterious character that the author tries to portray. He's a wuss!

And the main girl is a weak pushover who tries to act high and mighty and as if superficial things don't entice her but caves easily when the main guy says a bunch of pretty words to get his way in buying things for her. Ugh.


My Rating:

-Overall : 5
-Plot : 5
-Writing : 6
-Characters : 6
-Cover : 8

No comments:

Post a Comment