Sunday, January 12, 2014

eARC BOOK REVIEW...Wanted (Most Wanted, #1) by J. Kenner

Title:  Wanted (Most Wanted, #1)
Author:  J. Kenner
Publication Date: January 7th 2014 by Bantam
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey, Bared to You, and Release Me comes an all-new erotic series of three enigmatic and powerful men, and the striking women who can bring them to their knees.

He is everything I crave, all I desperately want—and he is everything I can’t have.

Evan Black embodies my every fantasy. He is brilliant, fierce, and devastatingly handsome. But he is also headstrong, dangerous, and burdened with secrets.

My family warned me to stay away, that I could never handle Evan’s dark dealings or scarred past. Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I should have run. But our desire is undeniable, and some temptations you just can’t fight.

And from the moment we touch—the passion between us consuming us both—I know that I will never be the same.

Wanted is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

MY REVIEW:

I'll admit, the first 45% of the book I literally hit the snooze button. It was way to slow and boring for me.

description

But soon after, it picked up and boy did it! Well, the sexiness did! ;)

description

description

description

Wanted was thrilling, suspenseful, and full of mystery. You just can't help but wonder about what secrets both Angelina and Evan are holding that could possibly undermine their undeniable pull for one another.

I won't go into the whole gist of the synopsis as I'm sure that other reviewers will entertain you with the whole break down of it all but in a nutshell: rich, powerful, and dominant guy with a lot of dark secrets and clout falls for senator's daughter who is literally falling apart and harbors a secret of her own. But there's a catch to their tumultuous romance that makes it forbidden. Now throw in some danger, seduction, and some drama and you got yourself a story!

So what's my reasoning for the three star rating? Well, asides from the beginning be slow, for a brief portion of the book:
*I kind of felt disconnected
*and often at times my mind often ran away too extensively for my own good. ;)

I mean, throughout the book we got peeks of what cards both Evan and Angelina were holding and then nothing. It made me imagine all kinds of cr*p that often at times matched up to the real thing or didn't measure up. Was kind of disappointing in that sense.

description

Also, was I the only one that was caught in a parallel of Maya Banks' Breathless Series, particularly the first book Rush, and Tijan's Carter Reed.

I don't know, in some ways or another, Wanted made me think of those books while reading it. I mean, to better explain my points: 1) three hot and powerful business men: Evan, Tyler and Cole (Most Wanted men) vs. Gabe, Jace, and Ash (Breathless men). 2) Then you got a guy who's a good amount of years older than the girl;; Evan is six years older than Angelina and Gabe was 14 years older than Mia.

description

*DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT MEAN DISRESPECT BY COMPARING THESE TWO BOOKS SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY! THANK YOU!!* :) :)

As for the Carter Reed reference, this even puzzles myself but I just had to mention it! Maybe it's because in some ways the demeanor and personality of Evan reminded me of Carter.

And lastly the ending...was a little rushed and anti-climatic don't you think? Hmmm, might just be me.

description

So overall, a good read but needed to pick up the ante in terms of the pacing and the length of keeping certain key info under wraps.

I would definitely recommend this book to others even with some of my criticisms since it was indeed an intriguing and engaging story!

I now can't wait for book two, which will be Tyler's story, in Heated!


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8.5-9
-Characters : 8.5
-Cover : 8


Where to get your copy!
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment