Wednesday, March 20, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire

Title:  Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
Author:  Jamie McGuire
Publication Date: May 26th 2011 by Jamie McGuire
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Normally I would weigh between the pros and the cons of this book but overall it's like the catchphrase says, "INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE." 

Abby and Travis' relationship is no walk in the park. Travis grows up in a single-parent household with four older brothers. He grows up to be a cocky and tumultuous playboy with tattoos to boot.

  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Abby, on the other hand, is the all around "good girl" running away from her trouble-reeking gambling father. Although reluctant to admit it, sparks fly when she meets Travis in an underground fight. 

I won't lie and say that I always agreed with the characters' motives and actions. Sometimes I found Travis extremely scary and obsessive. If he were my boyfriend in life I would run for the hills. 

 I also found Abby infuriating at times. I can understand why she's reluctant towards pursuing a relationship with Travis due to trust issues stemmed from her father. However, at the end of the day I wish she would have given him more credit. I mean, he fricken CHANGED HIS WAYS FOR HER that I didn't know whether to strangle or hug him at times. He treated her like she was his world, protecting her in anyway possible. 

When they FINALLY got together I squealed so loud that my dad looked at me as if I had 3 heads. lol. Travis and his "Pigeon" together is such a BeautifulDisaster. Literally

 It's like how Shepley pointed out to them:
  Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

 -Yep. I couldn't agree more. Travis + Abby is so dysfunctional at times but they make it functional. Do you get what I'm saying?

 OVERALL, I LOVELOVELOVED this book!! I'm desperate to read Walking Disaster but I'll be in Japan from March 27th to May 14th. Bummers to me.

  “I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”


My rating:

 -Overall : 9
-Plot : 9
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 9
-Cover : 7


Where to get your copy!:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment