Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BOOK REVIEW...The Fine Line by Alicia Kobishop


Title:  The Fine Line
Author:  Alicia Kobishop
Publication Date: December 6th 2013
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  High school senior Liv Evans has one rule: No attachments. She’s lost enough in her life and has vowed to do whatever it takes to make sure she never again feels the emptiness of losing someone she loves. Boys are a fun distraction, but a serious relationship is something she’d rather live without. Her determination for a future free of pain and heartbreak is put to the test when she meets–and quickly forms an unexpected bond–with Logan Tanner.

Logan has always been a free spirit, but ever since a life-changing event took place, which left him doubting the integrity of those who are closest to him, he’s taken that term to a whole new dangerous level. Learning the hard way that life is too short for worries or work–and that women can’t be trusted–Logan has exchanged steady work for street racing. When Liv walks into his world, everything he thought he knew about life and women is challenged.

In The Fine Line, Liv and Logan will discover if it’s possible for true love to have a future, or if history is destined to repeat itself.

MY REVIEW:

description

The Fine Line was a brilliant read that was offered to me by the author for an honest review.

I have never come across a book which centers on an illegal car racer and a girl truly set against falling in love so this was new territory for me.

What worked for me: *A refreshing plot line that was different from others.
*Great characters. Especially Logan. Hehe. ;)
*The slow pacing of Olivia and Logan’s relationship developing from friends becoming more. YES!! No fast insta-romance!! *fist pumps in the air!*

What didn’t: *Olivia’s attitude!! It was kind judgmental at times and gave me whiplash. First she's all hot and getting smitten over Logan and then all of a sudden it's like “I don’t want a relationship with you or anyone.” Got me pretty darn frustrated at times! Grr!!

The seeing similar references: *The car racing element reminded me of the Fast and the Furious movies.
*And then Olivia’s not looking for love and lack of trust in men type of precedents brought me to glimpses of Abby Abermathy from Jamie McGuire’s A Beautiful Disaster.

OTHERWISE, everything from the story line and characters had no similar comparisons and was its own.

SO, MY VERDICT?: I definitively recommend!

description

The Fine Line was adrenaline filled, fun, and a fast-paced romance with a lot of push and pull. I will admit, at times, Olivia made me want to kick her to the curb and keep Logan to myself but in the end I got it, or her and her issues, if you will.

A very impressive debut from Alicia Kobishop!


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8.5-9
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 8.5
-Cover : 8.5-9

Where to get your copy!
Amazon
Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment