Saturday, May 10, 2014

eARC BOOK REVIEW...Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando

Title:  Dragon's Lair
Author:  Chantal Fernando
Publication Date: May 19th 2014 (first published 2014)
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:   When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.

Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals.
He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. 

He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.
And I’m screwed.

✮ 

My Review 


"I lost everything in one night. Over one mistake."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


After finding her long time boyfriend in bed with another woman, it's only right to get even, right?

One night. One night of passion changes everything.

Now whisked away from her clean and pristine life, dreams of becoming a lawyer seem far away.

Especially when you're involved with the VP of the Wind Dragons, the brother of your ex and your secret crush for many years.

What's a girl to do? Especially when new challenges arise, old flames present themselves, limits are tested, and trouble is brewing between rival MC's?

My thoughts: Huh, what a different twist for an MC read!! It was still a bit gritty, rough, tragic, and sexy and yet I found myself feeling light and cracking up with the female heroine, Faye. She was a totally different breed of a strong, empowered woman and actually had backbone and not in the annoying type of way.

I thought that her chemistry with Dex “Sin” was quite on even ground as both have known each other since childhood and are stubborn, passionate individuals. 

On a side note though, brace yourselves for some heartbreak!! I was so sad when a certain event took place that I was contemplating grabbing a pitchfork and hunting down the author for writing such an event in the story.

I really hope Ms. Fernando does make this MC a series as I would really LOVE an Arrow book and then a Tracker x Allie book, as well as Rake and Vinnie. And oh! Can we have an Eric x Renee clarification or something? I know that Eric isn't part of the Wind Dragons MC but I'm so curious as to know what their deal is.

Gosh, I am so so excited!! I'm already hooked on these characters and am in love with the “Daye”pairing!! I hope to see more from them!!


*I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you SO MUCH!!* 

My Rating:

-Overall : 9

-Plot : 8.5-9

-Writing : 8.5-9

-Characters : 8.5-9

-Cover : 9

                                      

 

About the Author 

 





Image and video hosting by TinyPic


New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Chantal Fernando is twenty seven years old and lives in Western Australia.

When not reading, writing or daydreaming she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family.

Chantal loves to hear from readers and can be found on Facebook and Twitter.

Author's Links:



                                           ☆✮ 

 

Buy Links 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment